VonLehman is a forward-thinking CPA & Advisory Firm that is grounded in reality and is focused on the future. Recognized for our company culture and community involvement, VonLehman has been named a 'Best Place to Work' by the Cincinnati Business Courier, a 'Top Workplace' by the Cincinnati Enquirer, a 'Top 200 CPA Firm' by Inside Public Accounting and a 'Live United 100' company by United Way.
We have over 120 professionals throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and are constantly growing. For over 70 years, VonLehman has served the specialized needs of clients across a wide variety of industries, including: manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, nonprofit and healthcare. Our assurance, tax and consulting practices deliver tailored services with a culture that can be a launching point for career-long learning.
If you're looking to join a firm that makes a difference in clients' and employees' lives, please forward your resume to Scott Bagley, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Controllership Consultant - Northern Kentucky
• Reconciles accounts receivable & accounts payable, bank accounts and inventory sub ledgers.
• Monitors cash and prepares cash reports.
• Understands and is able to prepare payroll setup, submission, review and journal entries.
• Calculates finance charges, commissions, bonuses, etc.
• Tracks fixed assets and computes depreciation.
• Prepares month end customer financial statements.
• Assists client management in an advisory capacity.
• Completes analysis projects as requested.
• Job Costing reporting.
• Prepares sales tax returns, payroll tax returns, property tax returns, and CAT.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• Minimum five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience
• Ability to do research.
• Takes initiative; requests information and assistance when needed.
• Ability to work independently and manage projects efficiently.
• Experienced Microsoft Windows user – Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experienced with applicable accounting software and business development tools.
• Proficient in QuickBooks strongly preferred.
• Experience with one or more of the following software a plus: Great Plains, ComputerEase, Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), Sage.
• Time management skills
• Is compliant with administrative tasks and deadlines, such as time entry, response to appointments, completion of goals and performance review.
CPA or CMA candidate preferred
Senior Tax Manager - Northern Kentucky
- Reviews federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information
- Research and analyze a broad range of international tax issues at a moderate level of complexity, with significant experience in privately-held businesses
- Manage collection and submission of data with foreign affiliates/parent
- Assist with domestic and foreign tax planning projects
- Assist with domestic and international acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations and restructuring
- Trains, mentors, and develops tax staff
- Markets firm services to existing and prospective clients with a desire to expand the firm’s international practice
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years corporate tax experience with companies that have international operations or are foreign-owned
Tax Senior - Northern Kentucky
- Responsible for taking charge of an engagement, supervising staff and delivering a final product to the manager or senior manager
- CPA or CPA candidate
- BA or BS with a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with applicable accounting software, including proficiency with Microsoft Windows
- Paid Time Off (PTO)– client facing professionals with more than five years relevant experience enjoy unlimited PTO. Other team members earn as many as 200 hours per year.
- Holidays – 11 paid days during the year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance – firm contributions made to medical and dental premiums as well as FSA and H.S.A. Firm pays 100% of life insurance policy after waiting period in addition to employee paid voluntary life insurance option.
- Parental Leave – paid leave policy for maternity, paternity and adoption
- Business Casual Attire – includes ‘jeans’ day every Friday
- CPA Exam – financial assistance for fees, mileage and time off to take exam as well as a completion bonus up to a maximum of $3,000
- Work/Life Balance –Reduced work schedules available to meet the needs of our firm, clients and employees
- Continuing Education – external and internal CPE arranged to provide our employees a broad range of topics to meet their niche specialties and areas of interest
- Bonus for New Employee Referrals - often our best employees come from you!
- Commission/Incentive Plan – new client commission fees paid for up to five years
- 401(k) Profit Sharing – discretionary firm contribution at the end of fiscal year
- Parking – free, convenient, on-site
- Café – on-site, open, airy atmosphere with fresh fruit and vegetables available in addition to other healthy snack options
- Wellness Committee – very active group of employees responsible for promoting healthy living. Coordinate free annual on-site biometric screenings; sponsor activities such as Run/Walk events, financial wellness seminars and BreakOut game competitions.