VonLehman is a forward-thinking CPA & Advisory Firm that is grounded in reality and is focused on the future. Recognized for our company culture and community involvement, VonLehman has been named a 'Best Place to Work' by the Cincinnati Business Courier, a 'Top Workplace' by the Cincinnati Enquirer, a 'Top 200 CPA Firm' by Inside Public Accounting and a 'Live United 100' company by United Way.
We have over 120 professionals throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and are constantly growing. For over 70 years, VonLehman has served the specialized needs of clients across a wide variety of industries, including: manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, nonprofit and healthcare. Our assurance, tax and consulting practices deliver tailored services with a culture that can be a launching point for career-long learning.
If you're looking to join a firm that makes a difference in clients' and employees' lives, please forward your resume to Scott Bagley, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Communications Specialist - Northern Kentucky
Basic Function: Supports the Marketing team in achieving the goals of the firm by managing the proposal process, content marketing initiatives and internal/external communications.
Minimum Qualifications: Degree in marketing, business, communication or a related field is required.
- Primary responsibility is to manage the proposal process for prospective clients
- Manage content marketing strategies for the firm, including content calendars for key niche groups
- Work with accountants to create thought leadership materials, edit bios, collateral, etc.
- Work with digital media coordinator on content strategies for email marketing and social media campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for media or company website
- Create relationships with media and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
- Create scripts for video campaigns, speaking engagements, etc. Video production expertise a plus
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Manage internal communications
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Support the Marketing Director on various projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- A minimum of at least two years of experience in communications desired. Corporate writing experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, outside service providers, business and community leaders.
- Must be able to prioritize competing needs, meet tight deadlines, and work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Human Capital Consultant - Northern Kentucky
- With minimal guidance, designs and delivers services including but not limited to, organizational design, leadership development, compensation and benefits, coaching and governance
- Creates client deliverables that satisfy the client without delivering beyond the initial scope
- Provides sourcing and recruiting expertise with difficult-to-fill and key management positions
- Serves as a trusted advisor and business partner with human resource challenges
- Experience in successful design and implementation of change programs with various sizes
- Bachelors or Masters in related field
- Ideally served as a human resource business partner for 3+ years, having navigated people/org issues
- Preferably experienced with hands-on recruiting
- Preferably certified as a Senior Professional of Human Resources
Senior Tax Manager - Northern Kentucky
- Reviews federal, state, local and special tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information
- Research and analyze a broad range of international tax issues at a moderate level of complexity, with significant experience in privately-held businesses
- Manage collection and submission of data with foreign affiliates/parent
- Assist with domestic and foreign tax planning projects
- Assist with domestic and international acquisitions, mergers, reorganizations and restructuring
- Trains, mentors, and develops tax staff
- Markets firm services to existing and prospective clients with a desire to expand the firm’s international practice
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years corporate tax experience with companies that have international operations or are foreign-owned
Tax Senior - Northern Kentucky
- Responsible for taking charge of an engagement, supervising staff and delivering a final product to the manager or senior manager
- CPA or CPA candidate
- BA or BS with a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with applicable accounting software, including proficiency with Microsoft Windows
- Paid Time Off (PTO)– client facing professionals with more than five years relevant experience enjoy unlimited PTO. Other team members earn as many as 200 hours per year.
- Holidays – 11 paid days during the year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance – firm contributions made to medical and dental premiums as well as FSA and H.S.A. Firm pays 100% of life insurance policy after waiting period in addition to employee paid voluntary life insurance option.
- Parental Leave – paid leave policy for maternity, paternity and adoption
- Business Casual Attire – includes ‘jeans’ day every Friday
- CPA Exam – financial assistance for fees, mileage and time off to take exam as well as a completion bonus up to a maximum of $3,000
- Work/Life Balance –Reduced work schedules available to meet the needs of our firm, clients and employees
- Continuing Education – external and internal CPE arranged to provide our employees a broad range of topics to meet their niche specialties and areas of interest
- Bonus for New Employee Referrals - often our best employees come from you!
- Commission/Incentive Plan – new client commission fees paid for up to five years
- 401(k) Profit Sharing – discretionary firm contribution at the end of fiscal year
- Parking – free, convenient, on-site
- Café – on-site, open, airy atmosphere with fresh fruit and vegetables available in addition to other healthy snack options
- Wellness Committee – very active group of employees responsible for promoting healthy living. Coordinate free annual on-site biometric screenings; sponsor activities such as Run/Walk events, financial wellness seminars and BreakOut game competitions.