Healthcare Reimbursement Services
VonLehman's Healthcare Reimbursement Services Group provides highly specialized healthcare reimbursement consulting services to providers across the country. As nationally respected reimbursement experts with broad industry connections, we are uniquely positioned to track and interpret emerging healthcare trends for our clients. Our insights help them anticipate the ever-changing laws and regulations that impact their financial health.
Clients choose us for three reasons:
- We are experts in the highly specialized area of Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting and reimbursement consulting. Our work takes the worry out of compliance.
- We go beyond preparing reports to interpret the results - so clients know which service lines are making or losing money. Then we identify effective strategies to enhance reimbursements. Our recommendations have a direct impact on their bottom line.
- We make it our business to follow federal and state healthcare legislation and regulations to understand its implications. We add value by helping providers recognize hidden opportunities, avoid costly surprises and mitigate risk.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS RECENT REIMBURSEMENT PRESENTATIONS.
National Healthcare Reimbursement Experts
VonLehman's Healthcare Reimbursement Services Group is respected for its expertise, deep industry knowledge, and industry advocacy. We are in demand as speakers at national and regional trade conferences, as contributors to webcasts and blogs, and also as writers of research and educational articles. We invest in ongoing professional development, actively contribute to the national healthcare discussion, and hold several special accreditations. In addition, we are active in professional associations, including:
- National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC)
- Home Care and Hospice Financial Managers Association (HHFMA)
- Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice (OCHCH)
- Kentucky Home Care Association (KHCA)
- Indiana Association for Home and Hospice Care (IAHHC)
- LeadingAge Ohio (LAO)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
See below for a list of our core healthcare reimbursement service offerings.
Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement Services
- Preparation and review of interim and annual cost reports
- Final settlement analysis and negotiations
- Prospective Payment System (PPS) and case mix analysis
- Representation of providers on Medicare and Medicaid audits and appeals
- Profitability and cost analysis
- Feasibility analysis of new services
- Third-party billing and accounts receivable collections, audits and analysis
- Updates on changes in Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Business valuation services
- Benchmarking for industry cost and utilization
- Assistance with fraud and abuse investigations
Accounting and Financial Management Services
- Independent audits, reviews and compilations
- Financial statements and reports
- Financial budgets, forecasts and projections
- Tax preparation and consulting services
- Accounting system design to provide adequate controls and safeguard assets
- Certified QuickBooks consultants
- Bank financing negotiations
Revenue and Accounts Receivable Management
- Earned revenue recognition for PPS
- Accounts receivable valuation analysis
- Review of current billing and collection systems